Tuesday 3 January 2012

A new recipe I'll be trying out!

I've signed up to the Knorr "what's for dinner" website and every day they send you some recipes to inspire you for supper. I'm really enjoying it so I thought I'd share one of the recipes I'll be trying out...

Light Basil & Lemon Chicken Salad

www.whatsfordinner.co.za

 Ingredients

  • 160 gram Yellow pepper, sliced
  • 250 gram Carrot ribbons
  • 100 gram Cucumber ribbons
  • 300 gram Cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 300 gram Assorted salad leaves
  • 10 Lemon juice
  • 30 millilitre olive oil
  • 350 gram Chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
  • 100 gram mozzarella cheese, grated
  • 30 gram Bean sprouts
  • 1 Sachet Knorr Creamy Pesto Pasta Sauce

Instructions

  1. Place chicken strips into a clear packet, add the contents of the KNORR Creamy Pesto Pasta Sauce and roll the chicken strips through the seasoning until well coated.
  2. Heat oil in a frying pan and fry chicken strips until cooked through and lightly golden brown.
  3. Add lemon juice and remove from the heat.
  4. Arrange remaining ingredients, except cheese, onto a platter and place chicken strips on top.
  5. Sprinkle cheese and bean sprouts over the salad and serve immediately with 860g baked potatoes.
I'll let you know how it goes! Happy cooking and if you'd like to join the site visit www.whatsfordinner.co.za

 

No comments:

Post a Comment