Wednesday 28 September 2011

The Apple Of My Eye

Tired from running around like a crazy fool on the beach!

Today I thought I'd introduce the apple of my eye (okay, other than my husband ha ha).
This is Dory and she is a Great Dane pup ages 10 months. He colour is classified as "blue"
in she clocks in at 55kg! Her name comes from the little blue fish on "Finding Nemo" and trust
me, if you've seen the movie then you've met Dory! She is exactly like that little fish.

Dory is an only dog so she gets all the love and attention to herself. She went to puppy school
and passed the entry level class (okay I think they just put her through cause she was so much
bigger than all of the other puppies) as well as basic obedience training (which I'm proud to say
she passed with flying colours!).

Her favourite spot in the house is either on your lap (she still believes she is a small little dog) or
catching a snooze on our 3 seater couch! In the mornings she wakes up a little earlier and begs
(with her best big puppy eyes) to get onto the bed and enjoys cuddling right up against me for the
last hour before the house wakes up and gets ready for work.


If you have a dog then you'll know they give you the greatest pleasure! When I drive down my driveway and see her waiting excitedly at the gate, when I laugh at her snoring so loud the house seems to shake, when she falls over her own big feet, when she looks at me with her BIG eyes, when she walks past and decides to sit herself down on my lap.... THESE are the moments that make my heart skip a beat and lets me know that all is not bad in the world!

So now you've met our pup... welcome to the Amaral-World ha ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment